HugAbull's reach program
HOW we have HELPED
127 Animals Spayed/Neutered
$12,000+ In Veterinary Assistance
9000 lbs of Dog/Cat Food
During trying times sometimes a little help can go a long way. Our Reach program allows us to give back to our community and to help those in need. If you or someone that you know is experiencing homelessness or financial difficulties and has a pet in need of veterinary attention, food, or supplies - please reach out.
Through our Reach program, we also work with local communities to offer low-cost spay and neuter surgeries for dogs with the long-term goal of reducing pet overpopulation. If you have a dog that is pregnant or that has had puppies and you are in need of help, please contact us.
We are honoured to have the opportunity to work with residents of our local First Nations communities on animal welfare issues. Since the inception of our Reach program, we have had the opportunity to assist families and their dogs at Sea Bird Island First Nations (Agassiz, BC), Chawathil First Nations (Hope, BC) and Boothroyd First Nations (Fraser Canyon). Highlights of our partnership include:
- Spay and neuter services for dogs
- Assisting community members with re-homing both puppies and adult dogs
- Donation of dog food and supplies (beds, leashes, collars)
- Fence building to provide dogs with a safe outdoor space to enjoy
- Dog house donation to provide outside dogs with a warm place to rest
- Straw donation for outside dog houses in winter to provide extra warmth during cold snaps
We have made incredible connections in the two years since program inception and are constantly looking for ways to increase our impact. If you are a member of a First Nations community or know of someone that needs assistance with their pets, please reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the button below.